Wednesday 7 December 2011

One Door Closes... Another One Opens!!!

ASAHI PENTAX K1000 35mm SLR FILM CAMERA.



My camera obsession isn't slowing... I think I may have to start attending AA meetings but for cameras!! I'm besotted, it's a little weird!! 

The digital camera I got from a friend for my 21st birthday back in April decided to just... die. About 2 weeks ago, for absolutely no good reason. Dead. Just like that. I'm a little devo about it so I thought I'd celebrate it's passing slash buy myself a Christmas present with buying a new camera!! But this time a real SLR not just point, shoot, edit-to-make-look-good & upload. Takes all the magic out of photography this digital business, not to mention the amazing lighting & film effects you just don't get (naturally at least) with digital. I'd love to eventually still get a DSLR just for ease of use and convenience but while I'm a poor TAFE student film is the way!! I love film anyway!! This wont be my first one!! 

I did my research to find out what would be a good, sturdy option, then hit up ebay as obviously lame camera stores generally don't sell decent SLR's, and if they did it wouldn't be on the cheap! So I found... the ASAHI PENTAX K1000 35mm SLR FILM CAMERA!!!Some were really cheap - like $30 but then they'd not been tested and/or had dings etc etc which is only to be expected I guess, they've been in production since the 1970s ('76 - '97)!! However, I wanted something in the best condition as possible and feel I did pretty well for $100. THE BIGGEST SPLURGE I'VE HAD SINCE... TAX TIME!! *sigh* It should be in my hot little hands any day now, the only thing left to do is buy it a pretty case, some filters, a fish eye lense (thank you ebay) and of course FILM!!

Yay a new lease on photo-taking life!! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee


No comments:

Post a Comment