Wednesday 28 December 2011

Dream On

One night I was walking home from the train station and had the most vivid waking dream. It was of what appeared to me as a "star lady" I suppose you could say. She was almost glowing, surrounded by the night sky and the stars, I think she was "wearing" some flowing gown and she was running towards me with her arms stretched reaching to me, trying to say something without saying a word. I still think of it sometimes, not really sure what it meant (if it meant anything at all) and last night I did again and sort of wrote a poem about it.

"Came forth she did to me through the fabric of the night,
Reaching to me with her hands, arms stretched forth,
Running like the breath of wind in a laudanum dream motion,
Shown only by the faint gleam of the stars and the heavens,
Speaking to me without moving lips, without the utterance of word,
Her gown like a sheer curtain, whispering in a night's breeze."

I've been writing poetry for a long time, since childhood but haven't really written anything solid since I left highschool. This dream (whatever it was) it seems was the perfect inspiration :) I guess it all started with the Dr. Seuss books mum read to me as a small child, books I still have and refuse to part with.

No comments:

Post a Comment