Tuesday 6 December 2011

Art Inspring Art

The original.

1/4 way progress of replication.

A bit further...

After 12 hours of acrylic layering.

Stage 1.

The mess I made in the progress.

Wallah!! She lives!! My own :)




This is what I did for Illustration at TAFE. The assignment was to pick a Fashion Illustrator, research them, pick one of their pictures, replicate that picture in the same medium to learn their style (that’s the theory), then create a picture of your own in the style of the illustrator. I picked Richard Gray and his picture “Plans For A Woman”. Richard Gray is ridiculously talented and imaginative and I’m a big fan of his work. I called mine “I May Be A Rusty But I Haven’t Lost My Touch”. I HATED working at such a small scale but I really enjoyed the challenge, it also would have been impossible to transport huge canvases to TAFE on public transport safely = NIGHTMARE. I’m definitely no Richard Gray but I think I did alright.

No comments:

Post a Comment