Friday 6 January 2012

My month without a phone... IS OVER!

Ever wondered what it would be like to unplug? To not be contactable by phone? WELL I have been for the last month by accidentally dropping my phone (while not totally sober) and killing it. Just wouldn't turn back on. At first I was worried about work not being able to contact me AND not having an alarm to wake me up to be places on time, but  I just got used to it. It really hasn't been that bad. When you think about it, people have you at the tap of a button and you MUST answer or reply or the person contacting you either A. thinks you're ignorant or B. are dead. Your reputation is CONSTANTLY at stake. It can just get annoying. Like having someone poke you... again... and again... and while most of the time it's fine, sometimes it's nice to be unreachable. 

It is, however, just super inconvenient in todays society. If you go out to party or to work you can be away from home for loooooooong periods of time - and who knows what could have happened in that time that you need to know about! OR having something super exciting to tell somebody that you can't - nothing worse than bursting at the seams with anticipation! OR, the worst, being stuck somewhere and not being able to get somebody to help you.

So even though I've kind of enjoyed not having a phone, I am all for getting myself back into the social system - by purchasing the most amazing phone in the whole wide world (according to me)!! I used to work in a phone store so know a thing or two about phones and decided on the Samsung Galaxy S2 in white (because white phones are prettier :P). To be honest all I wanted was a reliable white phone with an amazing camera with a flash and social networking abilities - the galaxy is perfect for all my needs PLUS it has all the cool apps and swype texting (sooo much fun!). NOW I CAN DO STYLE SHOTS!! YAY!! I should have my pretty new phone in a few days :D


1 comment: